Get an industry-based credential that Hiring Managers are looking for in job candidates. We offer a range of training options that can lead to great careers. We offer certifications in Career Readiness, Six Sigma Green & Black Belt, PHR/SPHR, Heath Information Technology, Computer Integrated Machining, Project Management, Logistics, and Mechatronics.
Check out this video to learn more about our Mechatronics program.
When you start up–and grow–a profitable business, you make a positive impact on the economic health of our region. Our job is to provide you every possible resource. Your job is to take a chance,become an entrepreneur!
Programs & Services
We offer a wide array of programs and services:
- Seminars on Starting and Growing a Small Business
- Courses of Study in Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Financial Management
- One-on-One Confidential Counseling. To schedule a confidential counseling session for help planning your business start-up or expansion, click on the Request for Counseling form link. »Request for Counseling
- Targeted Referrals to Local & Regional Partners
- Mentoring Programs
- Networking Events
- Ready access to the Center, the College and Community Resources
The Small Business Center Network is funded through a grant from the state of North Carolina, so counseling services and training seminars are available at no cost.
For information and seminar registrations, call: 828-327-7000, ext 4117
For counseling services, program and course questions, call: 828-327-7000, ext 4102
The Small Business Center and is in the CVCC Corporate Development Center, which is located between the Main Campus and the East Campus at 2664 Highway 70 in Hickory (in the old Ryan’s Steakhouse building, across street from Aaron’s Rentals)
The mission of the Manufacturing Solutions Center (MSC) is to help US manufacturers increase sales, improve quality and improve efficiency to create or retain jobs.
This is accomplished by:
- Enhancing and improving products through research and development
- Creating prototypes for new, innovative offerings
- Analyzing new materials to enhance structure and programs
- Testing products for reliable content and quality
- Training personnel for lean manufacturing processes and supply chain efficiencies
- Providing a forum for rollout of new 21st century technologies
- Providing hands-on guidance for international marketing, sales and military procurement
- Providing photo-realistic renderings and visualizations
- Advocating Industry
- Aiding entrepreneurs in success
Bringing manufacturing into the NEW ERA of changing technologies, global marketing and production innovations.